Thursday, October 23, 2014

Almost Human; Couldn't You Just See The Slash Fiction Plot Bunnies Hopping?



Once upon a time relative recently there was a really cool scifi show on Fox.  It was cancelled. And now we fans who took the time to fall in love with it were left with the question WWWWWHHHHHYYYYYYYY????!!!!

With no immediate answer on the horizon, all we can do is bask in our memories of near slash moments.

One of these moments took place during an episode entitled 'Skin'.  In the midst of one of their many interesting exchanges, Dorian, the android partner of the human cop John Kinnex, makes a rather extraordinary observation to his police partner and friend--

Dorian: I ran a bio scan, and it looked like your testicles at full capacity. 

Detective John Kennex: You're scanning my balls? 

Dorian: I didn't enjoy it, I just... 

Detective John Kennex: Oh, my God, this is unbelievable. 

Dorian: I can't help but notice you're backed up. 

Detective John Kennex: What is the matter with you? Don't scan my testicles ever again. 

Dorian: Copy that. 

------

It was so funny!  And while watching this, I was also corresponding with my Facebook Family at the same time.  My Facebook friends, who are mostly females, were watching at the same time loved the scene.  In face one announced gleefully following the above exchange that the Slash [fic] practically wrote itself!

Yes Karl Urban's and Michael Ealy's on chemistry was electric and we female fans were drooling over the possibilities that awaited us.  However Fox just like the tv show's ex-showrunner, Naren Shankar, thought it was best to abandon ship leaving us fans at the metaphorical dock wondering what happened.

Still there is some consolation that the show is available on DVD, Blu-ray, Netflix and Amazon, etc.  I suggest you give it a try.  

Perhaps if we all get together and make a big enough noise, perhaps HBO, Starz or Showtime might pick it up and give it the love it truly desires offering us many more years of potential Slash Fic Plot Bunnies for Dorian and John Kennex.

For more information on Almost Human-  click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!